This training course aims at promoting an integrated technology in carbon-ion radiotherapy, providing basic knowledge and practice-oriented trainings concerning carbon-ion radiotherapy as well as other topics related to this field. The training course conducts in English.
The course is targeted primarily at participants with some expertise in radiotherapy and those who are interested in carbon-ion radiotherapy. Not only that, but also, trainees in radiotherapy, radiation oncologists, medical physicists, radiation biologists, radiological technologists, and any individuals having interests in this field.
- History of carbon-ion radiotherapy
- Biology --- Characteristics, Biological models
- Physics --- Basic knowledge, Accelerators, Beam delivery system and Dosimetry
- Clinical indications ---Head/Neck, Skull base, Lung, Esophagus, Liver, Pancreas, Rectum, Prostate, Eye, Uterus, Breast, Bone/Soft tissue.
- Treatment planning
- Facility design
- Radiation shielding
- Cost effectiveness
- Case study
- Vendor presentations
- Site visit and OJT at HIMAC/NIRS and ion-beam Radiation Oncology Center in Kanagawa.